Berries are good for everyone- the young and the old. Research has proven that eating berries provide the body with many essential nutrients and vitamins. Studies have also proved that berries contribute to immunity and gradual development of them. Berries are also known as power packed food and the best part of them is that they can be consumed at anytime of the day.
It is known that berries can lower the risk of impotence in men. They are also known to fight against Alzheimer’s disease. The occurrence of this disease can be reduced drastically on regular consumption of berries. And as a good news for women, berries help in weight loss.
Apart from these basic benefits there are many that the berries do to a human body. Few of them are described below.
- Berries are known to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- The antioxidants present in berries help in protecting the body against diseases. Most important vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E are present in berries which protect the cells from early damage thereby contributing to immunity.
- The component resveratrol present in grapes and many other berry foods help in reducing inflammation. Apart from berries this component is also found in red wine. Resveratrol helps in preventing artery clogging.
- Flavonoids are the nutritive compounds that give the berries the beautiful color. These compounds help a human body in protection against cancer and heart diseases.
- In the human body there is a process called neurogenesis that takes place. Neurogenesis is a process where new neurons are made inside the body. Eating berries will help in boosting this process.
- Berries help in many brain processing as well. They help in cleaning of the brain. All the toxic and harmful substance found in the brain can be eliminated by eating berries.
Go ahead, pick a bowl of berries and enjoy as a breakfast or a snack.